With the popularity of online dating comes the potential of vicious scams. Don’t fall victim to online scams. The schemes are numerous, from small time to big time, from a one “man” show to huge organized operations. While every dating site has the potential problem of scammers, unfortunately free dating sites seem to have the most scammers posing as regular members looking for lasting relationships.
Overall online dating is very safe and can be made even safer by following these simple tips:
1. Choose a Reputable Dating Site. There are hundreds of online dating sites out there for all different categories and price ranges. Remember the old saying “you get what you pay for..”; in general avoid the free sites.
2. DO NOT divulge any personal information such as your full name, address, your place of work, banking information, credit card numbers, and social security numbers.
3. Set up an Additional Email Account. To further protect your personal email, sign up for a free email service such as Yahoo, HotMail or Gmail. Online dating services should never reveal your personal email account, but this is a good precaution never the less and it is free. Make sure you do not include your last name as part of you email address.
4. Hide your Home Phone Number. Use a cell phone for communication or if you must use your home phone, dial *67 prior to making the call to hide you phone number from any caller id.
5. Trust your Instincts. Trust your feelings, if something doesn’t seem right, it probably isn’t and take the appropriate action.
Are you looking for fellow Canadian Singles? If you’re looking for the right or best Canadian dating service here are few tips here that may help you choose the right one. There are literally hundreds of dating sites online today. Some of these dating sites cater specifically to Canadian singles while other offers a large member database with the option of searching for a specific nationality.
How do you know which on is right for you? Canadian specific dating sites are great in that they offer a community of fellow Canadian who are looking for friendship, love or romance. However do not overlook some of the larger general dating sites as they offer a large member database, some great matchmaking options, and a great track record of success. Keep in mind a large general dating service may have more Canadian members than a small Canadian dating service
I suggest you try more than one. For the cost of a nice dinner, you can join a couple of dating sites and see for yourself which one works the best for you. See our list of the Best Canadian Dating Sites.
Copyright © 2010 · Canadian Dating Sites